Pucker Up! July 29, 2014 marks the official National Lipstick Day! Reds, Pinks, Blush, Purples – lipstick comes in all shades that can pretty up any lip – GORGEOUS. Lips are the symbol of seduction – we taste and kiss with them. Did you know….?
1. Women use up to 9 pounds of lipstick in their lifetimes.
2. 70% of polled men think a woman in red lipstick is sexy.
3. The average woman owns at least 16 lipsticks at any given time.
4. George Washington even posed for his portraits wearing some lip color.
5. Your lips are 100 times more sensitive than your fingers.
6. Guerlain invented the first lipstick in a tube in 1870, called “Ne m’oubliez pas” or “Forget me Not” in French. Chic.
7. People buy the most lipstick in Miami, Portland, and Atlanta.
8. Lipstick sales statistically increase on gloomy days.